For more information, please visit the Zhang research group Homepage.
Baozhong Zhang obtained his B. Sc. in 2001 at Peking University (China) and Ph.D. in 2008 at Memorial University (Canada, advisor: Prof. Graham Bodwell). From 2008 to 2014, he stayed at ETH Zurich (Switzerland) in the group of Prof. Dieter Schlüter as post-doc (2008-2012) and group leader (2012-2014). Since September 2014 he is bitr. universitetslektor (assistant professor) at Lund University. He has co-authored about 30 peer-reviewed publications in highly ranked journals (e.g. Nature Communications, Nature Chemistry, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., J. Am. Chem. Soc. Macromolecules. etc.). His research interests mainly focus on synthesis and application of highly branched functional polymers, as well as development of polymerization and postpolymerization reaction methodologies.
B.Sc. and M. Sc. positions
Highly qualified and motivated B.Sc. and M. Sc. students are welcome. Students with an interest in polymer chemistry are encouraged to contact B. Zhang directly.
Doctoral and post-doctoral positions
Doctoral and post-doctoral positions may be available depending on funding opportunities and the background of the applicant. In addition, I am always interested in writing projects and seeking funds teaming up with motivated applicants. Informal inquiries are also welcome.
Selected recent publications
* denotes B. Z. as corresponding author
- Yu, H.; Schlüter, A. D. Zhang, B.* Macromolecules 2014, 47, 4127. "Synthesis of high generation dendronized polymers and quantification of their structure perfection."
- Zhang, B.; Kroeger, A.; Rosenauer, C.; Schlüter, A. D.; Wegner, G. Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2013, 34, 1537. "The viscosity law of dendronized linear polymers."
- Zhang, B.; Yu, H.; Schlüter, A. D.; Halperin, A.; Kröger, M. Nat. Commun. 2013, 4, 1993. "Synthetic regimes due to packing constraints in dendritic molecules confirmed by labelling experiments."
- Yu, H.; Schlüter, A. D.; Zhang, B.* Macromolecules 2012, 45, 8555. "Synthesis of dendronized polymers by a "n+2" approach."
- Yu, H.; Schlüter, A. D.; Zhang, B.* Helv. Chim. Acta 2012, 95, 2399. "Main-chain scission of a charged fifth-generation dendronized polymer."
- Zhang, B.; Schlüter, A. D. New. J. Chem. 2012, 36, 414. "Non-charged, water soluble dendronized polymers."
- Zhang, B.; Wepf, R.; Kröger, M.; Halperin, A.; Schlüter, A. D. Macromolecules 2011, 44, 6785. "Height and width of adsorbed dendronized polymers: Electron and atomic force microscopy of homologous series."
- Zhang, B.; Wepf, R.; Fischer, K.; Schmidt, M; Besse, S.; Lindner, P.; King, B. T.; Sigel, R.; Schurtenberger, P; Talmon, Y.; Ding, Y.; Kröger, M; Halperin, A.; Schlüter, A. D. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 737. "The Largest synthetic structure with molecular precision: Towards a molecular object." (Press release 48/2010 entitled "From Molecule to Object”).
A complete list of publications can be found here.