Nanowires, electron microscopy
• Researcher at Centre for Analysis and Synthesis, Lund University (2019 September - present)
• Postdoctoral Fellow at Department of Solid State Physics Lund University (2017
September- 2019 August)
• Visiting Fellow at Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (2017 February- 2017 April)
• Ph.D. Physics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Mumbai, India
Thesis Topic: Synthesis and Characterization of Wurtzite III-V Semiconductor Nanowires
Advisor: Prof. Arnab Bhattacharya
• M.Sc. Physics
University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
Distinction with first rank (9.73 CGPA)
Project Topic: Preparation and study of optical properties of polystyrene photonic crystals.
Advisor: Prof. D. Narayana Rao
•B.Sc. Physics (Honours)
University of Calicut, Calicut, India
Distinction with first rank (98.7% score)
10. C.B. Maliakkal, E. Maartensson, M. Tornberg, D. Jacobsson, A.R. Persson,J. Johansson, R. Wallenberg, K.A. Dick.
Independent control of nucleation and layer growth in nanowires.
ACS Nano, doi: doi/abs/10.1021/acsnano.9b09816 (2020)
9. M Tornberg, C.B Maliakkal, D Jacobsson, KA Dick, J Johansson.
Limits of III-V nanowire growth based on particle dynamics.
8. Carina B. Maliakkal, Daniel Jacobsson, Marcus Tornberg, Axel R. Persson, Jonas Johansson, Reine Wallenberg, Kimberly A. Dick.
In situ analysis of catalyst composition during gold catalyzed GaAs nanowire growth.
Nature Communications 10, Article number: 4577 (2019)
7. Carina B Maliakkal, Mahesh Gokhale, Jayesh Parmar, Rudheer Bapat, Bhagyashree Chalke, Sandip Ghosh, Arnab Bhattacharya .
Growth, structural and optical characterization of wurtzite GaP nanowires.
Nanotechnology, 25 (2019).
6. C.B. Maliakkal, N. Hatui, R.D. Bapat, B.A. Chalke, A.A. Rahman, and A.
Bhattacharya, Mechanism of Ni-assisted GaN nanowire growth", Nano Lett.,
16, 7632 (2016).
5. Y. Arora, A.P. Shah, S. Bhattu, C.B. Maliakkal, S. Haram, A. Bhattacharya, and D. Khushalani,
Nanostructured MoS2/BiVO4 Composites for Energy Storage
Sci Rep, 16, 36294 (2016).
4. C.B. Maliakkal, A.A. Rahman, N. Hatui, B.A. Chalke, R.D. Bapat, and A. Bhattacharya.
Comparison of GaN nanowires grown on c-, r- and m-plane sapphire substrate.
J. Crystal Growth, 439, 47 (2016).
3. N. Hatui, A.A. Rahman, C.B. Maliakkal, and A. Bhattacharya.
Direct MOVPE growth of semipolar (11¯ 22) AlxGa1−xN across the alloy composition range.
J. Crystal Growth, 437, 15 (2016).
2. J.P. Mathew, R. Patel, A. Borah, C.B. Maliakkal, T.S. Abhilash, M.M. Deshmukh.
Nanoscale Electromechanics To Measure Thermal Conductivity, Expansion, and Interfacial Losses, Nano Lett., 15, 7621 (2015).
1. C.B. Maliakkal, J.P. Mathew, N. Hatui, A.A. Rahman, M.M. Deshmukh, and A. Bhattacharya.
Fabrication and characterization of GaN nanowire doubly-clamped resonators.
J. Appl. Phys., 118, 114301 (2015)
Google scholar profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=O-a0LCkAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate